Most vehicle owners understand how important car maintenance is, but getting to the auto repair shop and getting things done can be time consuming and hard to find time for. If it's been a while since your last inspection or you haven't been able to make it to the auto repair shop lately, chances are there are probably some services that your vehicle is due for right now.
- Coolant Service - Every five years or so, the chemicals that fight against corrosion that are within your vehicle's antifreeze will wear out. The coolant should be replaced in order to properly protect your car's engine from overheating and corroding.
- Transmission Fluid Service - Although transmission fluid typically lasts a while, regular use of your vehicle throughout the years and temperature changes can cause the fluid to oxidize and break down. You can significantly increase the life of your transmission by having this service completed every 50,000 miles.
- Brake Fluid Service - Brake fluid will become contaminated with moisture with regular use of your vehicle. This moisture will mess with your brake's hydraulic system and essential reduce how well your vehicle can brake. The moisture can also begin to corrode other brake components, such as the calipers, cylinders, and brake lines. We recommend a fluid change every 3 to 5 years.
- Battery Replacement - A typical battery with only last between 4 and 6 years. If its been a while since your last battery replacement, it may be time to have a battery test done to see if you're due. It's much better to have it replaced before it stops working completely.
- Timing Belt Replacement - the timing belt in the engine that turns the camshaft is usually made of rubber and will only have a lifetime of about 60,000 to 100,000 miles. When the timing belt needs to be replaced it will be worn down and cracking. If it brakes, you're engine will stop running and it can lead to the damage of other engine components.
If you think you may be due for any of the services listed above, don't hesitate to give Eurotech Auto Service a call today!