If you own a house with a driveway, you might as well get good use out of it. Keeping your Audi, Mercedes-Benz, BMW, or Lamborgini clean and washes is more than just trying to make it look good. It is vital for many reasons:
- It aids in protecting your car's overall integrity and ensures that it holds its value over time.
- It also allows you and your passengers to feel more comfortable and relaxed on the road.
- It would be best to have your windows and windshields clean and clear to see the road from all angles.
While it may seem inviting to pick up the water hose and start spraying, there are particular rules you should know about DIY car washes. The last thing you'd want is to take the shine away from your premium paint. Here's our list of dos and don'ts for washing your vehicle:
- Don't use course materials to scrub your car. Please avoid using a t-shirt or dirty rag to do the washing. Instead, we recommend using a microfiber cloth or a specialty fabric made for vehicle cleaning. Spending a few extra dollars can ensure your vehicle is free of scratches.
- Do remember to use the two bucket method. You should designate one bucket for the dirty soap and water, and the other should hold clear and clean water. Using two buckets instead of one will stop you from smearing your vehicle with dirt.
- Don't use round/circular movements when cleaning the exterior body. Instead, the experts suggest making soft, angular motions.
- Don't ever use dish soap or laundry detergent to scrub your car. The chemical composition of these cleaning agents has stripping properties. They are intended for grime on dishes and clothes, and it's not made to be used on premium car paint. It can indeed damage the exterior of your car and take off the shiny, protective coating altogether. Please invest in getting a cleaning solution intended for auto use.
We hope that these tips will prove to be helpful next time you head out to the driveway for a wash. If your Audi, Mercedes-Benz, BMW, or Lamborgini needs any repairs, please give us a call or stop by Eurotech Auto Service soon.