Caring for your vehicle during the winter is important when it comes to making sure that you are safe on the road in any condition. With the winter comes very severe weather, and it can make certain driving situations uncertain if your vehicle isn’t running at its best.
When you perform the proper maintenance on your vehicle during the winter, you will help ensure that your car will handle properly in certain weather and that you won’t find yourself stranded in the cold.
To keep your vehicle running at its best, we recommend the following winter car care tips:
- Pack a winter emergency kit in your vehicle, including things like a spare tire changing kit, flashlight, flares, cell phone charger, non-perishable snacks, water, first aid kit, blankets, and more.
- Have your vehicle inspected here at our shop to verify that your vehicle is well maintained and will be reliable even in the winter.
- Check that all of your tires have proper tread and are in good condition, which is certainly necessary when driving in rain or snow.
- Test that your heater and defroster are working properly. You’ll want to keep warm on the road and your defroster needs to work well to keep your windshields clear.
- Make sure that your windshield wipers are replaced if needed and that wiper fluid is full.
- Take note of any unusual symptoms and be sure to bring them up to our experts so that we can check the source of the issues.
- Keep your vehicle garaged if possible during the winter to protect vital fluids and the body of your vehicle.
- Consider winter tires if your area is very snowy.
- Make sure that your tire pressure is set to the correct PSI. Also, check for any unusual wear and tear.
- Always keep your fuel tank at least half full if possible.
- Check that all exterior and interior lights work and are bright.
These are some of the most important winter car care tips that will help keep your vehicle reliable this winter. If you’re due for a winter vehicle inspection, we invite you to bring your car to our experts today!